Re: NSLU2, Etch, and brick mode

Thanks, got me going in the right direction.

I found documentation that suggested changing FSCKFIX=no in
/etc/default/rcS to FSCKFIX=yes, but that doesn't seem like it would
be the issue as power cycling the device fixes things.

I remember seeing something about the NSLU2 having some issue with the
Sandisk Cruzer Micro, but of course I can't turn that up today. Before
reading that page I was already planning on replacing the flash drive
as the Cruzer is use for other purposes, but it's what was handy when
I wanted to get this install going.

I didn't see any other useful fixes on
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/TroubleShooting, so time to let
it run and see what happens...

As for terminology, so it's not a true brick. Would you prefer
pre-fired brick? Or maybe it's a slacker that just needs to be prodded
to get back to work. Not a brick but going as a brick to the NSLU2
Halloween party? ;-)

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;