NSLU2, Etch, and brick mode

I've got Etch running on a NSLU2, it's only external storage is a 1GB
flash drive. Yesterday I was testing everything out before putting it
into production, and everything is running fine. For the final test I
let it just sit for 12 hours.

When I came back to it, it was sitting in what I can only describe as
brick mode. It was powered on. The Ready/Status LED was orange, the
USB drive was not lit up, there Disk LED on the NSLU2 was off, and it
was not responding to any network traffic. To get it working again I
had to power cycle it.

When it's working, the LED on the USB flash drive is lit up, the
Ready/Status light is Green (Flashes Orange/Green when there is
activity), the Ethernet LED is Green, and the Disk 1 LED is green.

What can I do to figure out what is causing it go go into this
unresponsive brick mode that requires a power cycle? My initial
guesses are that power management put it to sleep or that it crashed
or locked up, but I'm not sure how to figure out what is going on
without a console.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;