Re: Armel userspace performance regression

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 11:25:54AM +0300, Eugene Sanivsky wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> I am experiencing serious performance regression with new armel
> libc/compiler.
>
> I see up to 45% degradation in Samba throughput for example.
>
> Previous throughput measured on custom rootfs using
> GLIBC2.3.5pre/GCC3.4.4 (CS2005q3-2 Provided by CodeSourcery).

If you're not comparing EABI Debian to old-ABI Debian, it's not
really a 'preformance regression'. :-)

> Same Samba versions used for benchmarking (3.0.25b).

Did you compile Samba by hand in both cases, or are you comparing the
pre-built version in your old root fs with the debian package in your
new root fs?