Re: Restart apache

On 25.07.2007, at 12:22, John Fieldsend wrote:

Can some one help, i installed apache2 on my slug and it seems to
periodically close down, think this maybe a memory issue, was
wandering if anyone else had this problem

Is there a way to detect if apache has stopped and then restart it?

well, you could write a cron job that tries to connect on port 80 and restart apache if it fails. but that's more like a ugly hack than a solution. i would consider not running apache on nslu2 and switch to something more lightweight, like lighttpd, which is running fine on my slug. it's _very_ small, fast and full-featured. you can use php (via fastcgi), webdav folders, virtual hosts, complex access restrictions and much more.

markus