Debian Armel ARM Port

Hi,

I installed the Armel port using
http://armel.applieddata.net/developers/linux/eabi/armel-root-fs.tar.bz2

Some how there seems to be problem with accessing
"deb http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian sid main" through my proxy server.
I always get the following error when doing 'apt-get update'
----
Ign http://armel-debs.applieddata.net sid Release.gpg
Hit http://armel-debs.applieddata.net sid Release
Err http://armel-debs.applieddata.net sid/main Packages
  Bad header line
Failed to fetch http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-armel/Packages.
gz  Bad header line
Reading package lists... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://armel-debs.applieddata.net sid/main Packages (/var
/lib/apt/lists/armel-debs.applieddata.net_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-armel_Packages) - stat
(2 No such file or directory)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
----

But it is possible for me to wget the required .deb and install it with dpkg.
(* It is not possible for me to effect the settings of the proxy server )

I am successfull in debootstrap from http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian.
But as before I get the same errors when I do "apt-get update"

I tried debootstrap/cdebootstrap from the other mirrors (?) like
http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-kfreebsd
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gnuab/debian
But was somehow not able to do it.

These mirrors (?) don't seem to have all the packages present in the armel-debs.applieddata.net
repository. Things like tzdata and dpkg-dev to name a few.

- Are there any other Mirrors for the armel-debs.applieddata.net repository ?
- Any way to debootstrap from other repositories besides armel-debs.applieddata.net ?

Any help would be nice :-)

Thanks,
Mohan