Re: Etch for ARM / Netwinder: where is NPTL support?

> If it's any consolation, its userland thread switches between the same
> process are much faster than the NPTL kernel version at present (fixes
> are in course, if not already mainline).

Hm?  What is this referring to?

When I pulled out, switches between different threads on ARM NPTL
implied the same overhead as a process switch, but somebody had a
scheme to fix that by spotting when it was a different thread of the
same process and so not shifting so much state. I expect the
invalidation or flushing of some cache or other in the process had
something to do with it, but you know how little I understand about
that :)

WIth linuxthreads instead, no kernel context switch happens cos it's
all done within one Unix process anyway, no?

I can try and dig up the mail thread if that'll help