Re: initrd with cats bootloader

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:23:02PM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
>On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 16:56 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> In article <1178201112.26524.756.camel@mill.internal.reciva.com> you write:
>> >I'm trying to upgrade a CATS system from a 2.4 to 2.6 kernel, which
>> >seems to require using an initrd.  Unfortunately I can't quite figure
>> >out what I need to say to the ABLE bootloader to make it load the initrd
>> >correctly.  Can anybody give me a working example of that?
>>
>> I wish I could, but I couldn't make mine work either (toffee). In the
>> end I built a kernel locally with support for the hardware built in
>> directly. This also includes a patch to turn down the over-aggressive
>> UDMA for the cats' IDE controller that was causing data corruption in
>> 2.6.18 (#419482).
>>
>> I can give you working binaries if you want - just ask.
>
>Yeah, a copy of your binaries would be great.  Thanks!

http://www.einval.com/debian/kernel-2.6.18-sam.tar.gz

has all the bits you'll need. The kernel is as standard, except the
patch (as in #419482) and the slightly changed config (included). It's
running fine on 3 cats-based buildds now, so I expect it should work
for you. Shout if you have any problems, of course.

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back