About armel repository

I am testing the armel experimental repository from http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian and I have some comments:

- As I reported earlier cron and ftpd are broken ( http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2007/04/msg00127.html )
- /etc/ld.so.conf is missing
- I would like to compile my own programs, but the board I'm using is too slow, so I tried with scratchbox, but the toolchain I'm using seems to be incompatible with the one used in the repository, so I need a new toolchain for scratchbox compatible with the repository. Do you have one or docs on how make it? The binaries I compile inside scratchbox run fine inside scratchbox with give an "Illegal instruction error" in my board with debian-armel, in the same board with same kernel (linux2.6.18) and debian etch also run fine. I'm using Scratchbox Apophis and the toolchain scratchbox-toolchain-arm-linux-2006q3-27-1.0.6-1

Thank you