Re: Can someone still help with install

Hi Markus and John

On 4/19/07, Markus Knapp <markus@markus-knapp.de> wrote:
ifconfig
/var/log # lsmod

The output looks fine to me. The problem is obviously a networking
issue. I did find a discussion about something like this problem on
the Ubuntu bug list [1]. It seems like a version of dproxy using on
some routers can react badly to IPv6 [2]. Comment 6 in the Ubuntu bug
thread seems to indicate that IPv6 does not need to be enabled to
trigger this problem. The routers mentioned in this bug thread are the
Actiontec GT701-WG and D-Link DSL-604T. Do either of you have either
of these routers?

If the router is the cause of the problem, then I'm not sure that
there is much we can/should do in the installer to fix or workaround
the problem. A possible workaround in cases when these routers exist
may be to set up the the NSLU2 with a static IP address and DNS
information with the Linksys firmware, and then install Debian.

Gordon

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/81057
[2] http://hellewell.homeip.net/phillip/blogs/comments.php?y=06&m=03&entry=entry060319-000000&PHPSESSID=623cb6b4900902dd95f2a7484f0662a5

--