Re: EABI/OABI incompatibility

Riku Voipio wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 12:29:31PM -0700, K. Richard Pixley wrote:

The third, the new one, is strange.  Using a gcc-3 and a glibc-2.3.5,
I've run into a situation where something is apparently composing a
trampoline on the stack which includes an "swi 0".  This is an OABI
toolchain and environment which is using the "swi 0", (the EABI trap
mechanism).  When using an EABI+OABI kernel, the swi 0 trap means that
the actual trap number is in R7, but in this case, the contents of r7
are essentially random garbage.  This leads the kernel to SIGILL the
process, which appears as spurious SIGILL's to a programmer.

Ofcourse you forgot to tell what version of the kernel you are using.
If you are using a stinking old kernel, you are probably seeing this:

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2006-June/034680.html

I was using 2.6.17.  And yup, this looks like the problem.

Thank you.

--rich