Re: debian-etch and ssh disconnects

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 22:32, James Bromberger wrote:
> Dennis Flynn wrote:
> > I also have the same issue. Some more observations:
> > I have 5 slugs, 2 used to be uNSLUng, all are now running Debian (as
> > of 2 weeks ago).
> > I had the problem without any overclocking on the slugs.
> > They are all overclocked now and the behaviour is the same.
> > Does not appear to be application-spcific. Sometimes a session just
> > hangs during a period of inactivity which I'll notice it when I try to
> > start typing again. Sometimes I'm compiling or editing a file. It
> > seems to happen at just about any time.
> > I've noticed it with SSH (Linux/OpenSSH -> SLUG or Windows/X-Manager
> > terminal -> SLUG) and with X-Manager's SCP.
> > If I am willing to wait, I've found that a session will usually come
> > back after a while.
> > The slug is not unreachable at the time - you can open up another
> > session very easily, and all other sessions already open are still
> > responsive.
>
> I am now running with 2.6.18-4-ixp4xx thanks to Martin, and the lockups
> seem to be gone. The ethernet driver now claims:
>
> ixp4xx_mac driver 0.3.1: eth0 on NPE-B with PHY[1] initialized
>
> The only 'pauses' would seem consistent with being swapped out to disk
> and back again becusae of low memory.

I've been getting lots of long 'pauses' when accessing nfs exports off a slug
running Debian-arm. It seems worse when reading rather than writing to the
exports (from another Debian box).

Where can I get the 2.6.18-4-ixp4xx kernel package to see if it fixes my
problems too? I can only see my current 2.6.18-3-ixp4xx image at the moment
(through apt).

Cheers,

Laz