Fwd: Debian ARM on Gp2x?

Hello Lennert,

Thankyou for your prompt reply,

What CPU is this exactly?  (Manufacturer/model?)

It is the MagicEyes MP2520F -
http://www.mesdigital.com/english/Products/product_mmsp2.asp

It is set to Little-Endian mode (the default). The provided system
only uses a 2.4 kernel for some reason. Using the 2.6 kernel would
help with the wireless support etc.

 I can help
with that if needed.  After that, you'd have to add support for this
platform to debian-installer.

Thankyou for the offer, any help/tips/guidence would be much appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Zeth

On 29/08/06, Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@wantstofly.org> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 12:31:32AM +0300, Zeth Green wrote:

> Hello All,

Hi,

> -It is an ARM9 based system. The main processor is a 200MHz ARM920T,
> and there is also a 200MHz ARM940T used mainly for graphics rendering
> and so on.

What CPU is this exactly?  (Manufacturer/model?)

The first step would be to get kernel support into 2.6.  I can help
with that if needed.  After that, you'd have to add support for this
platform to debian-installer.

cheers,
Lennert