Re: apex-1.3.31 and sercomm flash header

* Rod Whitby <rod@whitby.id.au> [2006-08-05 21:54]:
> So there is an unconditional copy of the kernel and ramdisk, from fixed
> locations in the flash (KERNEL_CODE_OFFSET+0x10 and
> RAMDISK_OFFSET+0x10), with lengths given by the words at
> KERNEL_CODE_OFFSET and RAMDISK_OFFSET respectively.

Okay, so that doesn't give us much room to play with since the
RAMDISK_OFFSET is right in the middle of the space we'd like to use.

I suggest we go ahead with my inital suggestion to use 1 MB for APEX.
For Debian, I'll probably just leave the remaining space emtpy and for
Unslung/SlugOS you can put in a jffs2 or cramfs partition after APEX
to use some of the space.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/