Re: APEX and Debian

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 01:51:09AM +0200, Kevin Price wrote:
> > My idea was to put APEX in that 1 MB space and use that to load the
> > real Linux kernel from another location in flash,

> What annoys me the most about my debian-slug is that I'm stuck with the
> 2.6.15-1-nslu2 kernel because I don't know how to flash my own. Not only are
> IPv6 or usbfs unusable, but any custom option is impossible, not to speak of
> security issues.

This is a "lack of documentation" issue rather than any physical or
practical impossibility. I have no experience of such action, but it
should not be hard, all the different "bits" are well documented -
building debian kernel + initramfs, integrating the non-free ixp4xx
driver module, proper header for redboot, flashing to nslu2. Just
combining this to one step-by-step document is missing.