Re: Debian ARM success story: Debian desktop on a TS-7300

James:

Internationally, many companies are starting their own video based industries. In China, for example, they just do not recognize patents, MPEG and the like.  China has their own H.264-lite that they consider to unencumbered by MPEG and the US/EU courts. Good for China, now you know where to get H.s64 compliant technology....(Mpeg4-AVC).

I'm not so sure that situation is even "good for China". But it is what it is.

And I don't think that a USA interest can adopt a Chinese H.264 library as a way to get around the USA patent/copyright system. The Chinese are setting up their own sandbox.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com