armel port status

Martin, et al,

On the ArmEabiPort wiki page you say that the toolchain should be compiled with crosstool and it does not produce .deb's yet. I've had good experience with the latest Debian binutils, gcc-4.1, linux-2.6.1[67] and a modified glibc-2.3.6-6 with tar.bz2 taken from glibc-2.4 CVS. I could produce the toolchain .deb's as well as compile a lot of userland stuff (pretty much all of the core Debian),
as well as stuff from Christian Marillat (mplayer & friends).

Running an appropriately configured kernel with these binaries on an OMAP1510 does not work yet, but that's a different story.

I used the arm-eabi name though (as well as armv4-eabi, armv5te-eabi or more optimisations), since I started this before the
Extremadura meeting. This will of course be changed to armel later on...

Pjotr Kourzanov