Re: Debian EABI arm port name: armel

> >>Lennert at least didn't see any problem in making armeb EABI in the future

> >Either we are prevented from making a bigendian ARM EABI repository,
> >or we have to throw away the existing armeb repository, which I gather
> >people are using for real work.

It turns out that Lennert is the leader of armeb, and that they *are*
going to ditch all their big-endian old-ABI work in favour of EABI
before armeb becomes a mainline arch, leaving arm (old-ABI
little-endian), armeb and armel (EABI, little- and big-endian) (where
the "e" might be "endian" or might be "eabi"... or "embedded" or
something else)

> Not that I really care personally... it just seems stupid!
Sorry about that remark. Just me being ignorant and bad-tempered...
Take no notice... :)