Re: mono_1.1.18-3 (arm/unstable): FTBFS: SIGSEGV

On 11/15/06 Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 04:40 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > But does anyone understand yet *why* this bug affects the netwinders and not
> > the cats boxes?
>
> Not really.  My best guess is that it's a subtle timing issue of some
> kind and shows up on the netwinders because they're slightly faster.
> Or, alternatively, it might be due to some small difference in kernel
> version between the two platforms.
>
> I'm also concerned that, even on the CATS machines, it might be that the
> build is only succeeding by chance and any real-world workload would
> cause the same bug to resurface.  So, overall, with our current state of
> knowledge I kind of feel we'd be better off not shipping mono at all on
> arm.

I build regularly on my arm box (xscale v5l) on debian and run a few tests.
There should be nothing major that would prevent running mono apps,
though of course bugs may and do exist as in any other software.
To debug what is the issue I'd need ssh access to one of the affected
boxes (both elara and europa were mentioned, but they are not accessible
to normal debian developers like me). Can anyone here provide the access?
Maybe we should also stop the buildd on the machine for a few hours when
I debug it to not make it an impossible task. Of course, the more memory
the box has, the better.
Thanks.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules