Re: mono_1.1.18-3 (arm/unstable): FTBFS: SIGSEGV

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 04:40 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> But does anyone understand yet *why* this bug affects the netwinders and not
> the cats boxes?

Not really.  My best guess is that it's a subtle timing issue of some
kind and shows up on the netwinders because they're slightly faster.
Or, alternatively, it might be due to some small difference in kernel
version between the two platforms.

I'm also concerned that, even on the CATS machines, it might be that the
build is only succeeding by chance and any real-world workload would
cause the same bug to resurface.  So, overall, with our current state of
knowledge I kind of feel we'd be better off not shipping mono at all on
arm.

p.