Martin Michlmayr - you rock :)

Martin,

I've just flashed a Slug with the new 2.6.18-2-ixp400 with the new
free Ethernet drivers. The upgrade process from a Slug running sid
and kernel image 2.6.17-2 worked perfectly just as it should (once I'd
removed the nslu2.conf file which was the contents within
/etc/mkinitramfs)

The new kernel and initramfs were flashed by the postinst script in
precisely the correct way. A shutdown -r resulted in a fully working
NSLU2 with three working LED's - all green this time :)

Many thanks to the folks who have done this: I was explaining about the
Slug to someone at work who actually wants vanilla network storage
(using the Linksys firmware will be fine for him) - he was amazed that
we could get a Linux kernel and bootstrap into 8M of flash.

Many many thanks again,

Andy