RE: New buildd soon to be available

Bill, where did you get it and for how much?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Gatliff [mailto:bgat@billgatliff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:51 PM
To: Debian ARM
Subject: New buildd soon to be available

Guys:

Tomorrow morning CST I will be installing a Thecus n2100 at my colo.  I
have purchased this machine with the intention of donating it to the
Debian Project to use as a buildd, developer machine, or in whatever
other capacity the Project deems useful.  The machine will be installed
alongside leisner, which will remain operational.

It's a 600 MHz XScale 512MB SDRAM 250GB SATA box, with 10/100 internet
access.  I have tentatively named the box "hedges".  It is currently
running a 2.6.19-rc3 kernel and etch, installed with the assistance of
lennert, DaKa, wookey and a few others.  Thanks, guys!  :)

I'll send the root login keys to Joey or whomever else is supposed to be
the DD admin for this box--- just let me know via private email.  (I'm
not a DD myself).

Comments, feedback, etc. is of course welcome.  I'm hoping that more and
better hardware will help break the "buildd logjam" I keep hearing so
much about.

Kindest regards.

b.g.

--