Re: question about the status of NSLU2 and d-i

* Peter Skogström <peter.skogstrom@bitrunner.com> [2006-10-25 21:14]:
> > Do you have a USB Ethernet gadget?
>
> Yes I do

In that case, yes, you can use debian-installer on a NSLU2, either a
daily snapshot or the current pre-release for rc1.  It will use 2.6.17
but after the installation you can upgrade to 2.6.18 from unstable.

> so I guess I can test d-i preseeding with that. As now thats a
> must for getting it to work.
> If one could flash the slug from an image on a usbstick (instead of from
> net) more people could test it without risk.
> But I guess thats too much to handle for a boot-loader (redboot)

I don't know much about preseeding but afaik there's a way to use DHCP
to specify a preseeding file and d-i will use that.  Please check the
manual.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/