Building gecode fails on arm due to timeout

>From gecode's arm build log:
arm-linux-gnu-g++ -I. -I. -DNDEBUG -fPIC -Wall -ggdb -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=3000 -ffast-math  -DGECODE_BUILD_SET \
        -c -o set/rel-op-const.o  set/rel-op-const.cc
make[1]: *** Deleting file `set/rel-op-const.o'
make[1]: *** [set/rel-op-const.o] Terminated
make: *** [build-arch-stamp] Terminated
Build killed with signal 15 after 500 minutes of inactivity
Build finished at 20060606-0610
FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]

I don't think that the build process has hung there, that file just
takes that long to compile.  It takes a while on my Athlon, too.

What would be the proper action here?  Increasing the timeout for
gecode would work (by how much?  I don't know), or I could request
upstream to split that file (though that doesn't really sound like a
proper thing to ask).

I don't think that putting architecture !arm for gecode is really
called for, either.  Even though gecode's a bit on number crunching
side as far as its applications go.