Re: fityk package build hanging for many minutes

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:50:50AM -0600, Carlo Segre wrote:
>Hello All:

Hello Carlo,

>I am a bit at a loos as to how to figure out this problem.  My package,
>fityk, builds fine on all architectures except mipsel and arm [0].  In
>both of these cases, the compilation of "cmd.cpp" seems to hang for many
>minutes (150 and 500 for mipsel and arm respectively) and the buld is then
>terminated.  Is this just an issue with the compilation taking too long
>for a loaded buildd or could there be something more fundamental going on?
>If the latter, can someone suggest how I might try to figure it out?

When I built it on i386 with only 128MB of RAM, it trashed the
system for a very long time, 14322 seconds, almost 4 hours
(pbuilder reports the start and end times) of memory swaping.
I killed almost everything to let pbuilder finish its job.

>Thanks,
>
>Carlo
>
>[0] http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=fityk
>
>--
>Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
>Associate Dean for Special Projects, Graduate College
>Illinois Institute of Technology
>Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
>Carlo.Segre@iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre

Regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--