Re: System time runs very slow on RiscPC

Am Mittwoch, 20. April 2005 19:48 schrieb David Joy:
> I have just installed Debian on a StrongARM RiscPC and I have noticed that
> the System Time seems to lose a second or more every minute. So after a
> few hours it is hopelessly wrong.
[snip]
> Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do about it?

Could you have a look with hdparm if the unmaskirq flag is set for your
harddisk/cdrom? If not, this could be the cause because it might be that
timer interrupts are lost during disk transfers. You can try to set the flag
then and see if it helps.

Peter Teichmann