System time runs very slow on RiscPC

Hi,

I have just installed Debian on a StrongARM RiscPC and I have noticed that the System Time seems to lose a second or more every minute. So after a few hours it is hopelessly wrong.

The hardware clock is fine, and /sbin/hwclock seems to load and save values correctly to it. As a workaround I have set up a cron job that runs "hwclock --hctosys" every five minutes, but I am sure there must be a better way to keep the system time right. (I've tried ntp-simple - it doesn't seem to be able to synchronise properly. ntpdate works, but running it via a crontab is no better than using hwclock.)

Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do about it?

Kernel is:
Linux version 2.4.26-riscpc (root@puffin) (gcc version 3.3.3 (Debian 20040429)) #26 Wed May 12 11:48:52 BST 2004

Thanks,

David