Re: Arm Buildds and developer machines

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 06:25:15PM +0000, Peter Naulls wrote:
> Much as I don't want to muddy what's clearly already a complex issue,
> you might want to take a look at the latest QEMU developments - CVS,
> not the latest release.
>
> This allows a full ARM system to be run under emulation at very
> reasonable speed - AFACIT on par with a NetWinder or CATS hardware,
> which are the proposed buildd hardware.  I'm sure a full Debian install
> could be done under it, although I haven't checked.

Don't count on it yet.  I've been working on this for the last thirteen
hours.  I'm sure it will be possible in some weeks, though.

> Such a setup, presuming it works properly, might prove to be to sensible
> for someone non-ARM to setup, and run a buildd on, or just for
> developers to check that their ARM packages build/install.

Neither; there's too much room for bugs in the simulator to bother
doing this when we don't have a major problem with hardware
availability.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC