Re: requalification of arm as etch release architecture

Riku Voipio wrote:
> This is very true, and especially now that there is testing security
> available, there is very few people who need official debian stable
> releases. However, it has been unclear if SCC archs would be included in
> testing migration or not.

Right, the issues there are that for an arch to be included in testing
propigation means that the release team has all the standard overhead of
dealing with release critical bugs for that arch, waiting for missing
builds, etc. So it's not clear to me how the release team could get the
kind of simplification that would make it easier for them to release
Debian.

OTOH, it does seem like the stable security team, the installer team, CD
team, and probably others would benefit. I think it's worth exploring the
idea some more especially since there doesn't seem to be a great deal of
attachment to running stable on arm.

--
see shy jo