Re: libc6-dev sys/ucontext.h differs between ARM and i386?!

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 07:48:47AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have problems building Quagga on ARM [1]. All other architectures work.
> The problem seems to be in a libc6-dev (2.3.2.ds1-22) header file which
> differs between i386 and arm although the libc6-dev version number is
> the same.
>
> The exact problem is that <sys/ucontext.h> depends on
> <sys/procfs.h> on arm but not on i386. This procfs.h then
> includes <sys/user.h> which contains "struct user" which collides
> with a symbol of the same name in the application.
> (FWIW, <sys/ucontext.h> is included by <signal.h> which is included
> by the applications "lib/zebra.h")
>
> Can you tell me if this is a bug or if there's an easy workaround?

The GCC team recently (a couple of months ago) put the ARM portions of
the compiler into ther 'ports' section.  TBH, I don't really
understand the ramifications of this change.  Ther has been some
unfounded and untrue speculation that ARM has been 'dropped' from the
compiler.

You might have better luck asking about this on either the linux-arm
list or on one of the gcc lists.

Cheers.