Re: getting packages from another platform

If you're looking for an automated way of doing it, apt is the only one I'm aware of. If you're looking to have it do the work for you, check out man apt.conf. It appears that there is a way to set the architecture you want apt to grab packages for there. Then apt-get --download-only, so you don't overwrite your non-arm tree with arm binaries, copy the binaries out of /var/cache/apt/archives onto your flash card, then dpkg -i --force-depends package.deb for all the arm packages you get.

Since I've never tried this, I'm not sure it will work.  I hope it does.

Chris