getting packages from another platform

Dear debian-arm users,
Here is my problem: I need to install packages on my psion running arm-debian, but the only way I can pass data to it is via a compact flash card. So I thought I would download individual packages from my desktop, pass them via the compact flash and then run dpkg -i package-name-arm.deb. This works for isolated packages, but is hell for those with many dependencies. How do I get around this problem? To get apt-get to fetch all the necessary arm packages, from another platform?

Thanks for your help,

 -matthis