Re: Help with an FTBFS (gcc ICE) #271645

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 04:46:26PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> tags 271645 +help
> thanks
>
> Hi!
>
> I'd appreciate if someone could help me with #271645; the build fails
> with an ICE on ARM[0]. Does this indicate a gcc bug, is something
> wrong with the buildd, or what else could be the cause and how should
> I go about it. I've already contacted arm@buildd.d.o requesting a
> rebuild (maybe it magically fixes it, since the last revision built
> and source has not changed since).
>
> [0] http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=zinf&ver=2.2.5-4&arch=arm&stamp=1093948982&file=log&as=raw
>
> Thanks, Andy
>
> PS: I'm going on vacation from today evening until Sept. 29., so I
>     can't do much to help get zinf into sarge, so it would be cool if
>     someone could look after this bug

Well it does build on my sarge system, although it took a ton of ram
(and swap) space to do it, upwards of probably 200 or 300M.  Before
enabling swap it did fail with a g++ error.  It seems Theme.cpp is the
worst offender (at least while I was keeping an eye on it).

I guess the buildd with the most ram/swap space needs to build it.

I had 64M ram and 768M swap when I tried the build.  It succeeded with
those resources.

Len Sorensen