Re: "xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O" again

+++ Wookey [04-05-25 15:45 +0100]:

> I did a patch which I think is right (updating a couple of peter's for 4.3).
> it's here:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=234808
>
> I eventually found a machine with enough space to build new debs, but I
> haven't tested them yet to prove the probs are fixed. (It certainly was
> broken on netwinder without it)
> Here's the fixed xfree86-xserver deb:http://www.aleph1.co.uk/test/
> That's the only affected deb isn't it peter (there are several hundred megs
> more stuff that the complete build made but not publically accessible)?

OK - this prompted me to actually try it. The IO_perm error is now gone and
instead I get:

(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument
(EE) FBDEV(0): Mode Init Failed

Fatal server error:
AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

Andyone know what that means? More patching or is this just my config wrong?
(On a netwinder, debian unstable)

Wookey