Re: CONFIG_IP_PNP & d-i manual

Geert Stappers wrote:

But netwinder has not IP_PNP support
and bast has IP_PNP_RARP enable.

I can't speak for "bast" as I have never heard of it. But on netwinder the only reason this is disabled is because the firmware offers similar functionality already, and it seems silly to do two successive DHCP requsts/offer cycles within a few seconds of each other. There is a bit more flexibility in the firmware, in that you can enable portions of the DHCP server's info to be used, and override other parts.

But you can certainly enable this feature in your kernel if you like.

-Ralph