Re: Debian-Installer beta 4 released for 9 architectures

I demand that Martin Michlmayr may or may not have written...

> * Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> [2004-05-01 03:45]:
>> Booted using linloader [1] from a small ADFS "partition" on an HD attached
>> to the motherboard's IDE interface. Major surgery was involved in
>> attaching it ;-)

>> Partial display dump follows. 100% repeatable.

> Can you please try if you see the same with the daily images from
> http://people.debian.org/~vince/d-i/images/daily/ ?

That won't help: the kernel's identical, and according to [1] (link provided
by Peter Teichmann in debian-arm), it's a kernel problem. I don't think that
I'm in a position to try to fix this - for a start, I need a cross-compiler,
and even given that... I just don't have enough of an idea of what I'm
looking for ATM other than an MCR (or is it MRC? I never can remember)
instruction is involved. However, I'm reasonably sure that the solution needs
to involve a volatile void*... ICBW, of course :-)

[1] <URL:http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2003-August/016671.html>

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

Every man has his price. Every price has its man.