Re: More Netwinder install problems, bug in installer?

Queisser, Andrew (Beavers Rosebowl '05) wrote:

Anyway, maybe this will help others that run into similar problems.
I'm still not sure whether I did something wrong or not but I
learned a lot about installing embedded Debian systems.

FYI, there is a "pre-made" debian image for netwinder available:
http://netwinder.osuosl.org/users/f/firesoul/debian/
It comes in the form of a tar.gz file which you can simply unpack on to the hard drive. You can do this either by putting the drive in a PC, or doing network boot, or using the Netwinder's "Rescue partition" software.

Once unpacked, you should be able to boot into this image and apt-get update to your hearts content. The image is rather old but might be a simpler way to get started.

Cheers,
-Ralph