Re: tcl8.2 missing so build failed - change sbuildrc?

+++ Wookey [04-03-23 14:26 +0000]:
> +++ Wookey [04-03-16 14:07 +0000]:
> > My package therion failed to build on arm because it needs tclsh, and the
> > buildd tried to use tcl8.2 to supply that dependency, but it was 'not
> > available'.
> >
> > The use of tcl 8.2 as opposed to 8.3 or 8.4 is specified in sbuildrc according
> > to the log at:
> > http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=therion&ver=0.2.19-1&arch=arm&file=log
> >
> > Other arches use newer tcl releases. Is there any good reason why the arm
> > config is specifying 8.2?
>
> OK - nothing has changed 7 days later, except that arm is now the only
> failed architecture, so this needs to be fixed. I've had no response to this
> mail so I've done some more research and think I have answered my own
> questions.

And another week passes....

This is getting silly - I've had no response from anyone, and don't seem to
be the only person mailing this list saying 'help' and getting no response.
Who is supposed to be dealing with buildd config updates, and what does one
have to do to get a reaction from them?

I know we're all busy and all that, but if someone just replied saying 'yes
I'll fix that at some point' or 'you can fix it yourself here' then I'd shut
up. But total silence isn't very satisfactiry.

In the meantime I'll build and upload a version myself as I do have arm
machines I can use for the purpose but this is merely working round the
misconfiguration, rather than fixing it.

> > And why is 8.2 missing - has it been removed from sarge or is this a
> > temporary failure? If this is a temporary blip can someone just prod the
> > buildd to try again, if not then perhaps changing the sbuildrc favoured
> > version is due and then prod it to rebuild.
>
> Checking, it seems that tcl8.2 is only available in stable, whilst 8.3 and
> 8.4 are in testing and unstable, so it looks like the europa sbuild config
> is broken and should be updated to default to 8.3 or 8.4, as it'll currently
> fail to build anything that build-deps on tclsh | wish
>
> cc:ing debian-admin as the contact specified in the machines database.

Wookey