Re: debian-installer on arm status
> Can someone list the various issues that need to be resolved, and
> point out if anyone is working on anything for ARM d-i currently?
Based on my sparse knowledge on the d-i porting efforts on the
existing archs, I believe it is mostly these steps:
- get 'make demo' working, making sure cdebconf and the d-i framework
- fix booting (CD/floppy/tape/net/whatever) to get d-i started on a
- check and improve HW detection
- fix partitioning (seem to be arch dependent if this is needed or
- look at kernel selection issues
- fix boot loader installation
Some archs of course run into other and stranger problems, but these
are the ones than need to be addressed on all archs.