Re: debian-installer anyone?

In message <[🔎] 003001c3c621$23029ca0$c900000a@WinPC>
          "Wim C. Timmer" <wim.timmer@planet.nl> wrote:

> Message: Fatal server error:
> xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O
> X connection to: 0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
> Did I something wrong? Or is it a real error?
>
> Before I tryed to install Debian ArmLinux "Woody" I installed the
> Aleph One version 2.2 with minor problems.
> Do I need to go back to the Aleph One version or is there a rescue for me?
> Maybe I am too old for this stuff! (70) but I like it. ;-))

This is a known problem, for which I've submitted a fix.  Until a new
package is built, you could try this XFree86 binary, which should work
equally well on a RiscPC:

http://www.chocky.org/linux/

Also, the comments about colours and speed do not apply to RiscPC.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
Free RISC OS Hosting                   | http://www.prowl.org/