Re: debian-installer anyone?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam C Powell IV" <hazelsct@debian.org>
To: "Debian ARM" <debian-arm@lists.debian.org>;
<debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:36 PM
Subject: debian-installer anyone?

> Greetings,
>
> Just wondering if anyone's tried ARM yet; if not, I might give it a go
> on my Netwinder...

Hello,
Well, I did.
On my SA RiscPC. It installed very well. (I think)
Except the X-Window systeem. That refuse to run.

\Problem
So, every time I start ARMlinux, it try to run X-Windows but it give me
the message "I cannot start te X-server. It is likely that it is not setup
correctly.
Would you like to view the X-server output to diagnose the problem?"
And then "Would jou like me to try to run de X configation program? Yes.
The screen is flashing a few times en then;
GOTO \problem!

Message: Fatal server error:
xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O
X connection to: 0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
Did I something wrong? Or is it a real error?

Before I tryed to install Debian ArmLinux "Woody" I installed the
Aleph One version 2.2 with minor problems.
Do I need to go back to the Aleph One version or is there a rescue for me?
Maybe I am too old for this stuff! (70) but I like it. ;-))

 I have:
Acorn SARiscPC
64 Mb RAM
2 Mb video-RAM