Re: [general] Netwinder crashes during large data transfers

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 06:14:56PM +0200, Stefan Wuerthner wrote:

> Well, I modified the setup a little bit. There are two 3,5" drives
> connected to my 'winder, but obviously not inside the OS case. They live in
> an open rack outside to avoid extra cooling (and noise...).

Should be okay then :)  However any nearby TV antennas will surely be
unhappy about it ;0

> Are there still performance issues with 2.4.x kernels on ARM? Some times
> ago I read a comparison which showed that 2.4.x kernels are much slower than
> 2.2.x.

I don't think this is the case anymore.  I am using 2.4 on the
"autobuilders" which grind out RPMs, and so far there have not been any
kernel crashes or misbehaviours.

I could post some hdparm and file copy speed numbers, although it would
be on units with 2.5" drives so that would invalidate the comparison.

--
Ralph Siemsen
www.netwinder.org