Re: [general] Netwinder crashes during large data transfers

Hmm, based on what you are describing I would tend to blame DMA between
the drives and the tulip.  There should be an oops, hopefully, that you
could capture via serial console...

Note that having >1 drive is uncommon, therefore not well tested.  I
would be concerned about heat generated, since it is directly above the
processor, footbridge, and the '553 which contains the IDE controller.

Can you produce a failure when using the 10-base-t interaface (not the
tulip)?

I regularly move ISO images to and from my 'winder, albeit I am running
the DM image and a 2.4.19 kernel.  I do have a debian stable install so
I can try reproducing this.

Your hdparm settings match mine (except for the spindown).

-Ralph