From: Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
Subject: problem auto-building ocaml related libraries ...
To: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 14:26:17 +0100

Hello, ...

I would like to get in touch with the arm auto-builder maintainer, due
to a problem when building ocaml related libraries.

I believe that this is the same problem that also appeared when building
hppa packages, and that on the box where the autobuilder is run, ocaml
or ocaml-3.06-1 are listed as being in status pi, and thus listed as
being there, but without the files really being there, which makes the
packages unbuildable, and the autobuilder will not install ocaml,
thinking that it is already installed.

This is due to an error i did in ocaml 3.06-13, where i used a symlink
from /usr/includei/caml to /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/caml while
/usr/include/caml previously was a directory and as thus ocaml failed in
the postinst somehow.

This is now solved in ocaml 3.06-15 (where i use an alternative, as i
should), but i guess that this requires manual intervention to the
autobuilder. I guess installing the newer version of ocaml would be
enough to solve this problem.

Sorry for having messed up as i did.

Friendly,

Sven Luther