Re: arm buildds

hi,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 08:14:18PM -0400, Ralph Siemsen wrote:
> > > Someone need to do an arm port of debian-installer....I'd like to, but I
> > > bet I'm not going to get round to it if my usual performance is anything to
> > > go by.
> >
> > unfortunately I lack the experience/skills and the hardware :/.
>
> I'm a lurker on the list, but I don't actually run debian on a
> 'winder... so forgive me for asking, what special things does the
> debian-installer have to do?  The netwinder's are all the same, not
> much need in the way of special configurations.  Hardware side, I can
> field pretty much any questions.

boot-floppies was the old code for the installation programm. to
start from scratch with a better design, more flexible, etc. pp.
debian-installer was foudn which should replace boot-floppies in
woody+1.
and basically, it should just install the software ;).

the other thing is there are also a wide variety of arm based
things, riscpcs, acorns, cats, whatever, don't know really.

so it's more a problem of having people who can code and know the
architecture well.

so long
Othmar