Re: Targetting an embedded ARM chip?

Doug,

Thanks for your help.

I'm afraid it's not linux, it's a custom embedded application that's hardwired to drive an I/O chip.

Address 0 in the flash rom starts with a little assembly code to set up the stack and enable interrupts, and then it jumps into a loop where each time through it services some I/O requests.

It's nothing like Linux, a Linux kernel wouldn't even fit in the available amount of flash!

So maybe I would need to port gcc to the executable format, but I'd be surprised if someone hadn't already done that.

Basically the contents of the flash is a bunch of raw machine code. Often, though, the images that an upload utility writes contain some extra information like where in the flash to upload it to.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/