I installed debian 3.0.. it's great, but...

I have 2 problsm so far:

1) mutt segfaults when I press "?" ( mutt-utf8 package)

That's bearable, but here's the problem I'd like to know how to fix :)

2) more importantly.. if I ssh in, my backspace key goes bonkers. Like
in vim, I want to pres escape but it acts mostly like delete (it didn't
do that before I installed debian). Or in mutt, in ircii, elsewhere, it
acts like ~. Even ctrl-h or ctrl-u don't always work! weird weird
weird...

Patrix.

--
"There is nothing that is a more certain sign of insanity than to do the
same thing over and over and expect the results to be different."

Albert Einstein