Re: libgnomedb2 built three weeks ago isn't in the archive!

James Troup wrote:

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:
I'll look into the problem but expecting a response in under 24
hours isn't realistic.

Okay, I was a bit too impatient, sorry.

Or not, since you've already done your evil by hand upload.
Congratulations, now there's no point in me even trying to look.
Blah.

BTW, if you're going to do stuff like this, at least learn how to do
it properly (-m, dpkg-buildpackage).
So -m is required for all hand-building now? Sorry, wasn't aware of that, will do so next time.

The libgnomedb autobuit just fine but wasn't uploaded. The new glade-2, with versioned libgnomedb build-dep, failed to autobuild *only* because the new autobuilt libgnomedb wasn't uploaded. As I understand it, this means it would not be tried again until a new glade-2 is uploaded, artificially delaying its entry into sarge.

I really don't understand how I did "evil" in this situation. I only filled in where the autobuilder system suffered a minor logistical glitch, didn't touch the source anywhere. In fact, I did the maintainer a favor by indicating, "This builds just fine under autobuilder-like conditions, it's safe to close the bug." Please clarify what you mean by this, and how I should behave in a similar situation in the future (aside from -m).

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>