Re: Stuck with Nettrom 2.1.16

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 01:49:48PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 10:34, Jan Vroonhof wrote:
> > The debian-arm installation notes have a todo item on specifying
> > how to tell Nettrom to boot Debian. I only had to change
> > kernfile to be "/vmlinuz".
>
> Cool, can you make a patch for the documentation?  File a bug on
> install-doc.

Many versions of nettrom get confused by compressed kernels
(zimage/vmlinuz), mistaking them for a ramdisk.  That is why the
default is 'vmlinux' and not 'vmlinuz'.

In the interst of reducing boot problems I would recommend that the
instructions remain as-is (default vmlinux), and that the Debian kernel
be compiled with 'make Image' instead of zImage.

-R