Re: Help needed: r-base fails with its Bessel functions

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 08:50:21AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> >Could you Arm experts look into this?  Is there a genuine Arm floating point
> >issue hiding?
> Maybe.  ARM has a wacky format for storing doubles, so if R wants to poke
> around with the actual binary representation of floating point numbers it will
> probably run into trouble.

Note that a) r-base 0.90 compiled fine (since then we used to require Atlas
to build, so that never happened on too many archs, now re-designed) abd b)
R has a gazillion other regression tests that would fail.

I suspect it is either the src/nmath/bessel* code, or its interaction with
libc. Recall that the segment which failed passed NaN, NaN around as