Re: ARM 710a install: update

> In theory the binaries should be compatible with ARM7.  You're not the first
> person to report this, but nobody has managed to pin down what is actually
> going wrong.  I don't have access to any ARM7 hardware any more to investigate.
> But I do have an idea for how you might be able to debug this.  I'll do a bit
> of poking around and see what I can come up with.

Annoyingly, I'm knocking this system together for a company who need to be
able to get their hands on arm-running hardware with some urgency,
otherwise I'd offer my assistance.

I may still be able to help you out, if you have access to a RISC PC -
I've decided to upgrade this box to StrongARM and RISC OS 3.7 since I can
do that within the time constraints I have to work with.  When that
happens, the ARM710a board and RISC OS 3.6 ROMS will be surplus to my
requirements, and I'll happily donate them to the cause, if you can put
them to a good home.

> (Incidentally, it might not be the binaries themselves at fault: it's
> possible that the kernel has some ARM7-related bug.)

Indeed.  I had planned on cross-compiling a new kernel on my x86 Linux
installation, but I don't really have the time right now.

Regards,

Jon